Formed in 1926, we are situated in
the heart of the Aire Valley, between Bradford and Keighley, the green can be found in the prestigious, council run, Myrtle Park in the town of Bingley, West Yorkshire.
Johnson Atkinson Busfield bought the land in 1767 and in 1772 built Myrtle Grove which became the Bingley
Town Hall behind the Bradford and Bingley Building Society head office. Because of debts he sold Myrtle
Grove in 1805 to General Twiss, a veteran of the American War of Independence. Johnson played host to
John Wesley who stayed at Myrtle Grove which he described as a "little paradise". The walls surrounding the
green, as well as the clubhouse are built from the walls of what was the vegetable garden for the house.
Click here for more history of Bingley